Handing of personal information
1. Acquisition and use of personal information
he purposes for which personal information is collected will clearly fall under the activities of LIME. Personal information will be collected appropriately and used properly to the extent necessary to achieve those goals.
2. Management and safeguarding of personal information
When LIME obtains personal information, it will endeavor to ensure that the information in question is correct. When handling personal information, LIME will implement appropriate safeguards to prevent the loss, unwarranted divulging, destruction, or falsification of that information. When outside parties are commission to handle personal information, those parties will be properly supervised to prevent the unwarranted divulging of that information.
3. Provision of personal information to third parties
In principle, LIME will not provide personal information to third parties except in the following instances:
- When the individual concerned consents to the provision of his or her information to a third party
- Pursuant to the Personal Information Protection Act and other laws and regulations
- When information that does not allow identification of the individual (e.g. statistical data) is disclosed or provided to a third party
- When work needed to achieve LIME’s goals is entrusted to an outside party. In such an event, the entrusted party is obligated to manage personal information in the same manner as LIME, and LIME will properly supervise that party.
4. Disclosure, correction, or deletion of personal information or withdrawal of consent to use that information
If an individual requests that his or her personal information be disclosed, corrected, or deleted, if he or she withdraws consent to the use of that information, or if he or she has an issue with his or her personal information, LIME will confirm the individual’s identity and promptly address the individual’s point unless exceptional circumstances exist.
5. Legal and regulatory compliance and continued improvement
Handling of personal information will comply with applicable laws, ordinances, and regulations related to safeguarding personal information, inspections will be conducted to ascertain whether that information is being properly handled, handling will be reviewed as appropriate, and LIME will continually endeavor to improve its handling of personal information.
LIME Working Group